Last Updated on 2019-11-05
Templates allow you to manually create a point-in-time image based on the current state of a cloud server and can later be used to create new cloud servers with the same contents of the template.
Templates are retained as long as you have cloud servers in your account, or until manually deleted. You can restore a cloud server back to the point in time when a template was made.
Creating an manual template can take several minutes, depending on the size of your cloud server and data you have stored on it.
Plans and Pricing
Templates are available at no additional cost.
There is no additional charge for making a template in additional accounts or regions.
Templates are available for all cloud servers.
||Create Templates, View Templates, Restore from Template, Deploy Cloud Server from Template, Delete Templates
- Each account can have up to 3 concurrent template copies. Each template maximum size is 150GB.
- If there is no cloud server in the account, the system will completely delete all the template copies, which we cannot revert even if you perform it by accident.
- You will not have access to your Templates during a suspension or following termination.
Quick Start Guide
Create a Custom Template
- Log in to LayerPanel , go to the Services section and click Cloud Servers button, and then click on the Cloud Servers you want to create custom template.
- Select the Template button.
- Input your template name, and then click the Create button.
- The template status will show as In Progress in the Template List page, and it will show as Working once the template is created successfully. In this section, the template name, region and date can also be checked here.
Install the server with Custom Template
- Log in to LayerPanel , select the relevant Cloud Servers you want to install custom template.
- Select the Rebuild OS button.
- Scroll down the OS page, the custom template can be selected in the bottom part.
- Input your new server administrator / root password, and then click Confirm and Reinstall button.
- Confirm the data removal in the modal that follows, and then the server would be rebuilt.
Delete a Custom Template
- Log in to LayerPanel , go to the Services section and click Template
- Select the Edit button of the template you want to remove in
the right hand side.
- Select the Remove button.
- Confirm the deletion in the modal that follows.