Two-factor Authentication (2FA) is available at no additional cost.
Two-factor Authentication (2FA) is available for all cloud server's accounts across all regions.
|Owner||Enable 2FA, Disable 2FA|
|Billing Member||Not Available|
|Billing Admin||Not Available|
Two-factor Authentication (2FA) is supported for accounts in the form of a security code that you use in addition to your password when you log in. This can provide an additional level of security to LayerPanel Account. A password and an access code, that is randomly generated by a one-time password authenticator like Google Authenticator, are required.
Follow the steps below to enable Two-factor Authentication and set up authenticator apps (e.g. Google Authenticator) on a smartphone or a tablet.
1) Log in to LayerPanel and click the option of Profile & Settings in the upper right corner
2) Click Enable 2FA, and the page will show you QR barcode
3) Scan the provided QR barcode using the authenticator apps on a smartphone or a tablet
4) Input the Pincode and click Validate
5) Link the app with LayerStack account and 2FA is then successfully activated
Once the Owner has enabled the user 2FA feature, he/she can choose to enable the 2FA feature for the specific account so as to force all account members to log in to LayerPanel by 2FA procedures, and this can also increase the security measure for the account.
1) Log in to LayerPanel and click the option of Account Details
2) Click Enable 2FA