A popular choice among many businesses in Hong Kong and internationally, cloud is an online environment where data are spread and stored across a network of servers.
One clear upside of having multiple servers at work simultaneously is stability. Whenever a server sees traffic surges or goes offline, another server immediately picks up and keeps the hosting service disruption-free round the clock.
There are numerous idle servers in the cloud up for grabs at any given moment. High network redundancy makes scale-ups quick and easy. With all the necessary resources readily available, cloud hosting service can support your changing needs swiftly to cope with traffic spikes, varying project demands and business expansion without extra investment in IT infrastructure.
Although different clients share the same cloud, data from each client are allotted in separate servers. Besides, most virtual platforms come with advanced security measures that deny unauthorised access to sensitive information and prevent malicious intent.
Powerful as it is, cloud hosting does require a great deal of technical know-how to take full advantage of this new technology. The good news is a lot of cloud service providers offer comprehensive packages, most of which include intuitive and easy-to-use control panels to help you mauver around the system.
- stable performance despite traffic fluctuation
- zero downtime in case of accidents, system upgrades, backups and maintenance
- highly flexible and able to scale up/spin down quickly on demand
- decent level of control over configuration and customisation
- cost-effective as all necessary infrastructure and resources are readily available
- requires technical know-how or assistance from service provider to get full benefits
- data security dependent on the security measures from service providers